Monday 9 June 2008

Rainy season


Who likes dark clouds? I'm not sure anybody necessarily does, but it brings rain, winds and sometimes lightening and thunderstorm with it. And it's the rain and cool weather that I love.

There have been times deep in the night, heavy rains would be accompanied by rolling thunders that actually would shake the ground with such rippling effect. One such night, alone in my room, I couldn't but marvel at God's power. And .... I was a little scared. :) I kept praying in my head, "Daddy God! I can see how powerful you are, no doubt about it this time, but don't let the lightening struck me!" :) :) :) I didn't know whether to go under my bed or what. I just stayed put on my bed in the long round.

Below dark clouds, mahogany branches swaying to the rhythm of the winds, in the midst of dark clouds.


Soon after a family life seminar in church last month, God sent rain. Aha! His timing was such that we couldn't go home immediately, so we had to occupy ourselves with an extended time of fellowship to allow for the heavy rain to wane to a drivable state. I partly occupied myself with taking photos of church members engaging themselves in chit chats. Of those pictures, I won't share, at least not yet, sorry. However, I went out to the veranda and saw this (below) lonely but cute shrub within the church premises. What would it look like if I took a photo of this? Then, snap away I got into business. The little lights are real raindrops for sure, not a photo effect.


1 comment:

Taffy L.Gotora said...

Excellent posting...