Friday 10 July 2009

'Blogless' bringing you food-FULL links

It’s been a while I know. You definitely miss me too, don’t ya? These days, I’ve just been speechless, wordless… ‘blogless’, although there are lots things of happening. I have too much on my heart to share but just don’t know where to start from. If you ever come back and see mumbo jumbo on this blog, know where it’s coming from… hehehe!

So being ‘blogless,’ I would compensate by recommending these links, on one condition! You have to promise to return to my blog, okaaay?........ Deal?......... Okay, we have a deal.

At For Love of Cooking, the author combines her love of cooking, photography and blogging to create yummy looking posts. Do I see mouths watering? Hehehe! Have fun while you’re there.

And then check out Nududu for African dishes. While you are there, do note that a few recipes include unmeasured ingredients. That’s typical of most African cooking that I know, we just know what will be enough for any number of people. If you ask any African woman to give you a recipe listing quantities, you’re likely to get, “add a lil’ sliced tomato or pour a lil’ oil in the pan but not too much and let it sit for a while,” etc. The African woman just knows, hehehe! You get my drift, don’t ya? But that shouldn’t deter you from visiting Ndudu, and possibly trying out the dishes.

Talking about measuring and quantities, that’s one of the reasons why it’s seems exacting to cook foreign meals, apart from the unavailability of the ingredients. Getting out those measuring instruments and measuring out ingredients takes the fun away from the cooking process...sigh… but I would love to try out foreign foods more often soon.

See? The ‘blogless’ lady has said a mouthful!

Heeey, what’s for lunch?
Lady Akofa.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow - thanks so much for your kind words about my blog. I appreciate it!

ladyakofa said...

My pleasure! :)