Thursday 31 January 2013

... I walk with Him always

I have been meditating on Psalm 23 and I keep thinking, “Wow, David (the composer of the Psalm) really knew what he was talking about. He had such a deep relationship with the LORD and had so much revelation!” 

Talk about provision:  The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not want
Talk about rest: He makes me lie down He leads me beside still waters  
Talk about calm & peace: He leads me beside still waters
Talk about emotional healing: He restores my soul
Talk about guidance: He leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name sake
Talk about the glory/honour/reputation/character of God: for his name sake
Talk about discipline, comfort and guidance: your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Talk about protection and deliverance in the darkest hour and lowest valley:  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil
Talk about God’s guaranteed presence: for you are with me
Talk about a banquet/party (physical or spiritual feast): He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies
Talk about vindication: He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies
Talk about being consecrated/set apart by God for the banquet: you anoint my head with oil
Talk about overflowing joy or a generous pouring of drink: my cup overflows
Talk about continued abundance of good things (physical or spiritual) and mercy: Goodness and mercy shall follow me ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE
Talk about your own commitment to God for all eternity: and I shall dwell (live/abide) in the house of the LORD, forever. 

Lots of goodness in this famously recited Psalm! If it doesn’t blow your mind, then I don’t know what else to say...

May the LORD be your Shepherd, 
Lady Akofa.

Please click here to read the first part of this post.

No comments: