Thursday 27 December 2007

A 2006 going on to 2007 advice from my Mom

During the Christmas season last year, I got several calls, text messages, e-mails, e-cards and cards laden with Christmas messages and goodwill messages for the year 2007. Some included Scriptures and I remember writing them down. I did and do appreciate them all. Looking back, the Season’s message that was most significant for me was from my mom. And it wasn’t written or typed out either… it was a heart-to-heart talk.

And I share this for somebody’s encouragement. Romans 15: 4

My mom, knowing my situation and my thoughts at that time, took me through Psalm 124, asking me to remember the LORD’s goodness and faithfulness to me in times past. The Israelites or should I say David (it’s a psalm of David, not so?) proclaimed the LORD and only Him in rescuing them and being on their side. They acknowledged that their Help was in the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. If the LORD had not been on my side, let Akofa say…..

Then she shared a second Scripture bit: Psalm 121. This, I was to hold on to in my future days, knowing that the LORD is my only Help when I skim through all people, things and places (Psalm 121:1-2). Day and Night the LORD watches over me and in all my going out and coming in. What a gracious God!

These two have truly kept me going this year especially Psalm 121. I know, my Papa God has been and is still my Help and my Protector. So I thank Him for His 24 hour Help and Protection. How sad that I’m unable to thank Him 24 hours here on earth for what He does for me!

So I thank God for my mom and her message and I pray that this will also bless you!!!
Happy New Year and may God Almighty be your HELP in 2008, whatever befalls you.


O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.

Beneath the shadow of your throne
Your people dwell secure;
Sufficient is your arm alone,
And our defence is sure.

O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our guard while this world’s troubles last,
And our eternal home.*


* The first two stanzas and the 6th stanza of the hymn, O God our help. Credited to Isaac Watts (1674-1748).

No comments: