Thursday 10 April 2008

It's Raining all around me

I love rain. Yes, I do. At the moment, I’m sitting in my “small cute office” as in the words of one of my junior colleagues, listening to rhythmic sounds of raindrops as they stream down the roof. It doesn’t matter that some raindrops will splatter into the room, but the windows are purposely opened so that I can hear and smell this loving-kindness of God in this season.


I love the distinctive earthly aroma, the earth emits when rain nourishes the ground, making it swell with goodness. I do identify with the earth, because my body is of it and will return to it when my soul departs to be with my Father someday.


I also love to see plants, green and fresh as water linger on their leaves after the showers. I believe strongly that if they had lips, I would hear plants, trees, etc. sing for joy as they bathe in heaven sent rain.


So I look out my window this afternoon, watching God shower the earth with rain, marvelling at His Wisdom, Power and Love.

Lady Akofa

10-April-08

15:30

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, sounds poetic. I took up poetry writing as my way of escape. I guess all those "nightmare" classes in motown finally payed off. I will be sharing some of my writings with you in due time. Watch out. I love reading you blog too. love sophie.