Tuesday 15 September 2009

"No-no!"

Earlier this year in response to a suggestion, I started praying about a venture. After all, it seemed a good idea. But as weeks turned into months with no kick off, I continued seeking the LORD’s face about this issue until I hit a revelation jackpot.

Interestingly, when I started praying early this year, God laid Proverbs 3:5-6 on my heart. Oftentimes, that Scripture would literally cut off doubts and anxieties whenever they tried to take a foothold in my mind. As I was gearing up for another bout of fervent prayer several weeks ago, I sensed My Father tenderly tell me, “It’s okaaaay, enough of this prayer. Just let it go.” Although I couldn’t explain it, I had peace about this “no-no” answer from God. Within 2, 3 weeks of perceiving the ‘No’ yet comforting and liberating response, I got to know why.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

I’m truly grateful that God has been faithful to His own promise that He will lead and instruct. That’s the blessing of The Father who loves His children. Do all earthly fathers say, “Yes” to every whim and request of their kids all the time? Nope. Just as most earthly fathers have their kids’ best in mind, so does Papa God, who has much better plans in store for His children.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.
Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.

Psalm 32:8-9

I pray that you’ll find God, who delights in giving good gifts… including making those crooked paths straight as we walk this life’s journey. He is Faithful to lead if we seek His direction.

God bless ya,
Lady Akofa.

No comments: