Tuesday 15 September 2009

A Season of Change

Hello Blog readers,

How are you?

I'm afraid this is going to be a looooong post and it would be inappropriate to do a part 1 and 2 series, considering the nature of the message.

I’ve been reflecting on my fickle purpose for this blog for quite a while and I sense it’s about time I changed its direction.

When I started blogging, I intended for it to be a place to share creative writing stuff and keep my family and my few friends abroad, up to date with me. I was thinking of creative writing as in God-glorifying “Nobel/Pulitzer" literary kind of stuff! :) Weeeell……I never really got to sharing that on this blog. Weird, I know…. see how I was aiming so high.... for Nobel, lol! If you're familiar with Dr. Phil, I'm sure he would have asked me with an incredulous look and in my face, "Helloooooo? What were you thinking when you set yourself up to be a literary writer, young lady?" Pop Pyschology! Lol! It's been a few years now since I last watched the show, considering that I rarely watch television now.

Anyway, my family hardly read this blog ‘cos we live together and see one another so often, lol! When I try to continue a blog conversation later in the day at home, I often get this baffled look. “Didn’t you read what I posted on my blog?” I ask and I get this response, “Ooooooh, you mean your blog! No, I haven’t seen that.” My busy family with workaholic traits… gotta love them! : )

My known friends abroad, well… most love this blog because we are far apart and this is just a way of keeping updates, somewhat. To you I say, “Me like your visits here!" : )

So, half of the intended primary audience doesn’t read this blog, while the other half does.

Checking my stats, I have quite a number of international visitors and I’m quite amazed that you stop by, even if it’s a brief visit. Thanks for your love.

And there are visitors who ‘borrow’ or should I plainly say, steal content from this blog without asking. I’m okay with sharing content, just let me know, okaaay? :)

I’ve met some great bloggie friends and I’d love for this e-friendship to continue. You never know, we might meet someday and soon! : )

So this blog, on its 3rd anniversary will undergo changes. I just don’t want to leave you with a bad taste in your mouth by ‘disappearing’ suddenly as some bloggers do and make you brush your tongue a thousand times a day thinking, “What’s that bitter mango I ate from Lady Akofa’s bloggie home the other day?” Trust me, I’ll only serve you BIG, ripe and sweet mangoes over here, okaaaay? Just 'feel free' to come over when the next harvest season is in full swing, LOL! In between, you're welcome to have Hot Brown Gold or some other delicious chocolatey delight with me. It's no wonder Ghanaians are known for our hospitality. : )

I‘ll continue blogging but access will be restricted from October onwards. For those who want to keep up to date with me and my not-so-worthy ramblings, I’ll appreciate that you comment by sending your preferred e-mail address which you’ll use to sign in to this blog. To prevent spammers and hackers who crawl anonymously from reading your e-mail address, please write this way as an example: ladyakofa AT gmail DOT com, with spaces in between and spelling out the symbols. They will not be published or shared with anyone.

I may bounce back in full public glare sometime next year… or 2011 or 2013 or 2025…. assuming I have the energy and time to blog when I’m much older, lol! For now, I seek just a lil' repose from blog limelight.

I’ve greatly enjoyed this e-journey, sharing ideas, sitting at the feet of others in their bloggie homes, e-meeting lots of Christians and young, like-minded ladies from afar. It’s been fun and there’s definitely more ahead! I’ll definitely be visiting your blogs and commenting so I won’t be completely MIA.

So...

Keep the Faith,
Stay Strong
and
Stand Firm,
in His Grace alone.



Many blessings from the Mango Lover,
Lady Akofa. : )

No comments: