Thursday 27 January 2011

GOD and me = Me and an ant.

I’ve always been fascinated by cartoons and animated films about the animal kingdom. In Monster Inc., it was ‘frightening’ to see monsters scaring kids at night for a living, lol! I think I was fascinated that one of the monster’s name was “Boo.” Boo? Yeah! And there was one called, “Fungus!” “Finding Nemo” was just as exciting for me, the day I watched it. And my favourite for all time has always been “The Lion King” 1. You wanna guess how many times, I have watched it?

Enter:

GOD and me = Me and an ant.

So when last Sunday my pastor tried to use the equation above to illustrate how precious my salvation is in his sermon, my mind went a-roaming in the animated animal kingdom, lol! I was reminded of “Antz” and “Chicken Run” that I had watched during the Christmas break last month. But that was an “Aha! moment” for me during church service.

God, soooooooooo big decided to come in human form in order to relate to small me, in the form of Jesus Christ. He really didn’t have to do that but for some lovey-dovey reason and to honour His word, you and me are so important and valuable to God that He did the most unthinkable thing in order to establish an everlasting relationship with His human creatures. Why is that unthinkable? Well, imagine you had the power to do so, would you want to be born and live as a ant in order to relate to ants? Even if it’s temporary, would you? If you ask me, a Big “No!” and “Yuck!” are my answers. Lol! But that’s how I got the message. God loves me and you soo much to do just that!


“What is man that you are mindful of him
the son of man that you care for him?”
Psalm 8:4 (NIV)

Yep, you are that precious.

BTW, wouldn’t it really be an interesting world if all animals could speak, like in those movies? God even let a donkey speak some eons ago. Think I lie? Check out Numbers 22:21-35. Awesome!

You’re loved and highly esteemed,
Lady Akofa.

No comments: