Friday 21 October 2011

Lifting your heart to God in the wait

I have not read any of Elisabeth Elliot's books, not yet. But I have been to her website and read other books, blogs with quotes from her books and writings. From the little that I've read about her, I think Elisabeth Elliot is one wise, old lady impacting the younger generation for God's kingdom. Here is one of those profound quotes I found from a devotional:

I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one’s thoughts. It is easy to talk oneself into a decision that has no permanence, easier sometimes than to wait patiently.
~Elisabeth Elliot~

Hmmm... What do you think?
Lady Akofa.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Akofa, thanks so much for stopping by my new blog and for your comment.

I have loved Elisabeth Elliot's writing for years and highly recommend any of her books. This quote of her's encouraged me through my season of singleness and am glad that you reminded me of it again now...it applies just as well in this new season. And I think that is because (as I mentioned to a friend recently) there's always something...the Lord desires for us to grow and become more and more like Him, and nothing accomplishes that so well as being in circumstances when we NEED Him - when it is just natural to turn to Him. So thanks for this reminder, and God bless you, friend!

ladyakofa said...

Glad to be of help, Stephanie! Many blessings!