Thursday 29 March 2012

I AM HE!


I’ve been chronologically reading the book of John of the Bible since 7th March and so far I’ve enjoyed the reading. My initial purpose was to take note of as many names or titles of Jesus Christ as I could get from my reading. This is a Bible study project I intended doing a few years ago but never really did.

Although I started reading with this intention, I didn’t take out a notebook to jot down the names of Jesus Christ because I wanted to enjoy the reading in itself without the interruption of jotting down the names. It’s not a competition, I thought.

Along the way, I completely forgot about my goal and got so intrigued by the dialogue between Jesus Christ and the Pharisees and the other Jews who didn’t believe that He was (is) the MESSIAH. At some point, I’d read aloud to myself the conversation as if I were an actor preparing for a stage production.

It’s amazing. I wonder… if I had been a Jewish in Jesus’ day, what would I have thought of the man who performed lots of miracles and claimed to be the Messiah that everyone was patiently waiting for? Would I have been like the Pharisees or would have believed Jesus’ message? I’m sure I’d have argued with Jesus too, if women were allowed in those days to speak in public and have Him establish why He was THE ONE.

I’m also sure I’d have been frustrated to hear Jesus talk about eating His flesh, being able to build the temple within 3 days, the Father being in Him, and He being much older than Abraham. Whaaat?! No wonder the Jews accused Him of being demon possessed.

The disciples and those who believed must have been so blessed to have the ability to believe Jesus Christ’s words. Perhaps it’s a good thing that I wasn’t born in those days that I’m a Ghanaian and not a Jew. Even if I were a modern day Jew, I’m sure I’d have been an orthodox Jew, who currently don’t believe in the Jesus Christ who came over 2000 years ago and are still waiting for His birth.

I’m in the final 5 to 6 chapters and hope to finish in a week. I’m so glad for the WORD and for the insights I’m getting.

Thank you Father, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit. Amen...

...and Amen!
Lady Akofa.

No comments: