Monday 3 March 2008

Easter = Mangoes


I’ve always associated Easter with mangoes, not eggs, because it's also the season of mangoes in my tropical land. And I happen to live in a house surrounded by several mango trees. I’ve been watching those mango trees flower and blossom since last December. It’s a joy to see the trees bear fruit. I simply love eating mangoes. See a firstfruit of the season's harvest right up.

A downside to eating mangoes, is flossing after eating them, because the fibre (depending on which type) almost always gets stuck in between my teeth.:) But I’ll still eat my mangoes.

I only know how to eat mangoes fresh and unadulterated. So while the mango harvest is here, I’m soliciting for mango related recipes through this blog. Do you have any suggestions? For those willing to share, please click on comments below and type out the recipe. I’d be very grateful. Hopefully, during or after the Easter period, I’ll post pictures of my cooking adventures with my favourite fruit.

No comments: