Friday 8 August 2008

Musings on the Sovereignty of God '07-1

I wrote this mid-last year. I was anxious about many things, uncertain about my future. Wavering between trust and anxiety. The poem came out of questions God asked me in response to my anxiety, self-pity and unstable emotions. He was steering me to Look Up to Him and see Him for Who He is and What He is able to do.

They were hard questions, but He couldn't have gotten my attention any other way, I guess.

Sovereign God

He is the Omniscient God.

Will He be the ALL KNOWING,

Thus admit that I know so little?

Trusting my Present,

most importantly the Unknown Future

to Him who knows?

Ecc. 8:7


He is the Bounteous God.

Will He be the UNLIMITED,

Thus acknowledge my poverty?

His incomparable riches, my storehouse of supply.

Philippians 4:19


He is the Lord of Lords.

Will He be LORD of my Everything,

Releasing control of my Everything,

All of me to Him?


He is the ALMIGHTY.

Will He be the ALL POWERFUL

Thus declaring my limitedness?

His POWER, my strength and fortitude.

Philippians 4:13

Lady Akofa

4th July 2007

Read Part 2 here

1 comment:

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

I like the palm trees on your blog, it reminds me of when I used to live on Guam.

Many blessings...