Monday 11 August 2008

Musings on the Sovereignty of God '07- 2

For the past few days, I’ve been ruminating on the Sovereignty of God over my life. I find Sovereign God a Mystery; I cannot fathom His ways. In as much as I try to figure out His ways to suit my selfish desires and ways, I realize how futile a search it is. Yet He is pleased to reveal Himself to me, if I’ll diligently seek Him on His terms.


How limited I am in knowledge about my own present circumstances, my past and my own future. Sometimes, I would like to know that I’ve figured out the very details of my own life, charting it out on paper. But my perfect-on-paper plans do not always work the way I want in reality. Wasted paper and ink, futile plans, I say to myself on reflection. Yet, God gently reminds me, His ways and thoughts are higher and greater than mine. That He knows all things, including the unknown future. Will I acknowledge Him and trust His ways are perfect, for my good and for His Glory? He asks. I sigh…… Recognizing the folly of my ways, I give them up and give in to Him.

As I try to live out His will in the short, flower-like life I’ve been given, I realize that I’ve come short of resources and strength to do what He requires of me. God whispers the word, “Unlimited.” Unlimited? I ask. Yes. His Incomparable Riches in Christ, that’s my storehouse of abundant supply.

I surrender, Papa God. I don’t know much nor have all things. I don’t have the power and I am not the LORD. Should I be made Lord, I’d destroy not only my own short life but probably the whole world as well. The many mistakes I have made, choosing my ways has led to sin and disaster; the evidence of the failed me-kingdom under her Ladyship Akofa. No, let God be LORD and me be the follower. I surrender. Let all be silent and let God be GOD.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart

Lean not on your own understanding

In all your ways acknowledge Him

And He will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Lady Akofa

4th July, 2007

No comments: