Friday 1 August 2008

THE NEW ME - THE MASAI WARRIOR

Hello blog readers and bloggie friends! I introduce to you one of my good friends who shares the same passion I have for writing. Our friendship goes way back, to the time when we were 5/6 years old. With her permission, I'm posting one of her poems that I love so much. I'd appreciate it if you do not re-post this poem on your blog or web. ~Thanks.~


THE NEW ME - THE MASAI WARRIOR

Out with the hassle,
Time for the tackle.

Enough on the defensive,
Ready for the offensive.

Been through my preparation,
All ready and out for my mission.

Away with problem reduction,
Time now for problem eradication.

Like the Masai warrior,
I quake not at your roar.

There, the Lion cower.
But I am no coward.

Full Copyright (Poem)- Sophia Lamiley Afriyie, 2008


Photo by Lady Akofa -A picture of a portrait in one of my uncles' home, who recently
returned from a 2-3 year sojourn in Kenya.


Among the Masai men, from Kenya, a traditional test of manhood is killing a lion. And we all know the lion: a Big head, sharp carnivorous teeth, very calculating and with a very small waist.

For us Christian women and men, our spiritual tenacity is constantly tested and proved as we fight the devil who prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

With our spiritual weapons of the Word, the Name and Blood of Jesus Christ, Prayer and Praise, victory is ours. Christ assures us that victory is already ours.

8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to... 1 Peter 5: 8-10 (NIV)

Click on each below for other Bible verses for Chewing the Cud:

God as a Warrior

Our weapons

We are more than Conquerors

Overcoming the accuser

4 comments:

Lydia said...

The poem and the painting are both great works of art and packed with meaning! Lydia

Anonymous said...

This is an awsome piece and a wonderful artwork of your auntie.
I especiallly in love with the line which says " like the masai warrior, I am not afraid of your roar". Indeed we must not be afraid of the roar of the lion but stand fast and know that we are mightier than it is.
This is a beautiful piece.
phillipa

Anonymous said...

I read the page on Friday and again today. I like the way you linked the poem to the word of God, the applicability to the word of God. Thanks. That was inspirational. Sophie.

ladyakofa said...

Hi Miss Phil,

That's not my aunt's picture! :) It's rather a potrait of a Kenyan woman that I saw in my uncle's living room and I decided to take a picture of it.

Lady Akofa.