Thursday 26 March 2009

Rurgh!


Above is a restaurant decor. I was quite amused when I saw it and remembered these words:

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5: 14-16

I used to play Cedarmont Kids DVD songs for my lil' nephew almost every evening when he was with us. One of the songs he loved was Let it shine.

Stanza 2 of the song goes like this:

Hide it under bushel
No! I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under bushel
No! I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under bushel
No! I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

But the energetic toddler would stump his feet and emphatically roar, "Rurgh!" like a lil' lion whenever "No!" was to be sung, hehehe! And his roar has always reminded me of lil' Simba of Walt Disney's The Lion King.

Hide your light under a bushel?
Rurgh!
Join me!
Lady Akofa. :)



No comments: