Friday 13 March 2009

Wildly Curious too? You betta read now!

I’m gonna re-post a question asked by Latukane last December in one of my comment sessions here. I'm sure readers of this blog may try to reconcile what I post with links on my side bar. For a very long time, I had no listings of ‘fave’ webs or blogs on my side bar. Yet, I took the plunge one day. Resulting from that simple act, Latukane asks a question. Please see our correspondence below:


Hello Lady Akofa,

I am wildly curious here. With reference to your blogs of interest and their themes, do you also desire to be a stay at home wife and mom as well as homeschool, should the Lord bless you with marriage?

Thanks, Latukane in AFRICA.
December 2, 2008 8:04 AM


ladyakofa said...
Hi Latukane,

I'm drawn to these blogs because of what they teach about BIBLICAL WOMANHOOD, not necessarily the stay at home mom or daughter, homeschool themes.

In my opinion, being a stay at home mom or homeschooling doesn't make a person more godly than another who works outside the home and sends her kids to school. It's just a matter of choice, conviction and how you chose to glorify God within those choices and His leading.

Now, to answer your question... To be a wife and mom, yes. To homeschool or stay at home... that's a decision my future husband & I will have to make, should I be blessed with this opportunity.

Living on the African continent, the practice of marriage and motherhood is remotely different from the blogs I've linked to and I'm quite aware of this. :) Realistically, I'm not seeking that my future family life will look like the writers linked to... far from it. I just haven't found any African, Christian blog that is REGULARLY updated and that primarily deals with the topic of biblical womanhood yet.

If you have any suggestions for great Christian, African blogs on godly womanhood, I'll love to have links to them and check them out. Thanks!
December 2, 2008 12:00 PM

Anonymous said...
Greetings Lady Akofa, Latukane over here. Thank you for your gracious reply.

I understand about there being a dearth of any African links with the theme of Biblical Womanhood. It is good to know that you are willing to discuss certain subjects with your (Lord-willing) future husband.

I know that things are somewhat different on the African Continent, yet, I have real faith in the Lord that any cultural difference can be bridged as long as God's standards as revealed in the Word are adhered to.

Personally, I have convictions in the direction of homeschooling as well as being a stay at home Mom, because FOR ME, that is God's revelation. I too do not for a moment believe that working outside of the home and sending children to school is a sin, I mean after all, that would mean I was raised in sin and my mother has sinned irrevocably through all my years of life!

For interests sake, it was KCM ministries through the BVOV magazine that 'discipled' me in being rooted in the Christian faith. I had no one ecxept the Holy Spirit, the Bible and that Magazine.

The only possible links I can think of are 'The Reformation Society' and 'Africa Christian Action'. Googling these titles should provide a link.

Thank you once again, for your reply.
December 3, 2008 6:36 AM

ladyakofa said...
My pleasure, Latukane and thanks for your recommendations. I'll google them and see.

Lady Akofa.:)

I did google the recommended phrases and found some interesting webs, but I think they are a bit context limiting to some extent.

So I'm on a life-long search for more of who God wants me to be: A woman of God, living by Grace, enjoying the richness of life that comes from a growing relationship with Him through Christ Jesus.

Have a bliss-FULL, rest-FULL weekend,
Akofa.





No comments: