Friday 24 April 2009

Fix it Friday: Coo Baby

Hi y'all,

I'm trying something new here. I'm new in photography and want to learn more. So I'm taking part in a Fix it Friday game, contest.... eerm...what do you call it, when there is no prize to this one??? Anyway, the idea is to fix a photograph by editing it. So here we go. Below is the original picture, but I've already rotated it.

Ain't Cooing baby so cute?

I'm new to photoshop and thrilled by what one can do with photoshop. Awesome photo edit programme. No wonder professionals hail photoshop!

So here is what I did.

I used the healing tool brush to take out the teeny tiny blemishes on Coo Baby's face and sharpened the edges and changed the image to greyscale mode all in PhotoShop, saving it in TIFF.

Then edited the image with soft focus on Google's Picasa and saved it in JPEG. I don't know how to do that on PhotoShop yet. There is something warm, glowy and fluffy about Pisaca's soft focus that I think suits baby images.



Warning, this is just a test! I might take down this post in 3 days or so. I should probably create another blog for photo stuff, if I'm going to be a regular participant in I Heart Faces Contest.

So tell me what you think!



Go see what other ladies and big mamas are doing with Coo Baby's image. Such a cute baby too.

God Bless ya,
Lady Akofa.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, Akofa, I love what you did with the photo of the baby! The softness suits the picture really well. I want to kiss his face! :D

ladyakofa said...

Aaaw, ain't the baby so sweet?:) Thanks fro the compliment.