Thursday 16 April 2009

New life is here!

Hope you all had a lovely Resurrection Weekend? I hope so.

On Easter Monday morning, I was in another room in my house simply relaxing. I looked out to see the nearest mango tree. If you’ve visited me here for a while, you know that I loooove mangoes. Hmmm… Most of the mangoes are still green. We haven’t had rain in a while… I wonder if the late rains have affected the ripening of the mangoes? Oooh, that You’d send us rain today... is it possible, Papa God? I’d love to smell rain soon. Probably not to disrupt those out there picnicking, but how about rain tonight, Papa God? Missy’s heartfelt thoughts.

And you know what happened? Within 3-4 hours of such thoughts, clouds started forming, and my, it rained heavily, with strong winds. I was pleasantly surprised. Co-incidence? I don’t know. Weather forecasts are quite unreliable in my country and I rarely watch television or listen to radio, these days. I’d like to think that it was a Spirit-led prayer. God knew He was going to send rain, but He wanted me to share in the delights of the rainfall!

So while it’s spring for the Northern-most hemisphere of the earth, rainy season begins… our own special kind of spring in the equatorial/tropical lands. Flowers are blooming, seeds are germinating, what was then almost lifeless, without hope is now budding, fresh and tender. New life is here!

Aaah… see what He says:

"Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime; it is the LORD who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone," Zechariah 10:1 (NIV).

Indeed, new life is here… in Christ Jesus.

May He bring life to that which is lifeless in your life,
Akofa.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful peaceful thankful post, enjoyed it so! :)