Tuesday 20 December 2011

A Christmas quiz of some sort


I must say that I started playing Christmas carols in … ahem… in October. Weird, I know. Okay, I do play carols in the middle of the year... just because... well, just because I can! So I’ve been rather psyched up for a looooong time. It’s only left with the food and family part then it will be complete, haha! I found this quiz on Faith's blog and decided to play along. Ssssh… Faith doesn’t know I follow her but today will just be the day.

Link
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Eeerm… what’s an eggnog? I’m a chocolate girl both in colour and in food, haha!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? I didn't believe in Santa growing up so it’s not my thing. And... most families rarely do the Christmas tree thing in Ghana.

3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? I think coloured lights are fun, but I really don’t have a preference. (Note: There is no way I'm going to spell "coloured" the American way, just bear with me... ha!)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? 1st December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Fufu with goat light soup or chicken light soup.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Dressing up in new clothes, getting a new hairdo, going to church with my sister and cousins and the feast after church service. I also remember the hazy, dry and cool weather at this time.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Never believed in him, so there was no truth to reveal. But I do remember asking my mom what’s the big deal with Santa Claus when we lived in the US, because it was so silly to me.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We didn’t and don’t have a tradition of when to open a present. You open your gift as and when you get it.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We haven’t had a Christmas tree in years!

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love watching the dancing snowflakes but don’t like the cold weather, nor the mess it leaves at the front door when it starts to melt. I’d love to live outside Ghana (say US.. wink, wink) someday soon and experience a white Christmas just one more time!

12. Can you ice skate? Nope, never tried it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A teddy bear, from an uncle, who turns 21 this Christmas. Yep, Mr. Teddy Bear could be older than your kid, haha!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Singing gospel-centred carols, reflecting on Christ’s birth, being with family AND the food!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Piccadilly biscuits, Danish butter cookies and any chocolate delights.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to church (not always on Christmas day) and coming back home to eat fufu and all the goodies are what I look forward to. I love being with my family as we chat about not-too-important things, recount our favourite memories and talk about everything in between.

17. What tops your tree? There is no tree.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Both. It’s an exchange, you know? Haha!

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum! But don’t always get it in my part of the world.

20. Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone 1 and 2. Macaulay Culkin - “Kevin” was really cute then.

21. Saddest Christmas song? Can’t think of any... perhaps, I haven't yet heard a sad Christmas song. Or did I miss the joke? Yeah, I thought so! :)

22. What’s your favorite Christmas song? I love them all but it's a seasonal thing too… click here to see my post on this.

Christmas is coming, the chicken (not goose) is getting fat,
Lady Akofa ~:).

2 comments:

Faith said...

Hiiii! So happy to have met you :)

Thanks for following my blog and doing the quiz as well!

oh how i miss me some Fufu ... haven't had it in a few years. i have to get my mom to teach me that way i can make it for myself and my future kiddos :)

ladyakofa said...

Thanks for stopping by Faith! Love your blog! And hope you do get to learn to make fufu soon.

It was so fun doing the quiz. Thanks for sharing!