Wednesday 11 January 2012

11 days gone already!

Wow, it is 11 days into 2012 already!!

Where did the days go?

Yours truly finally took down the Christmas decor this morning. My Christmas posts has photos of a few of them. The rest of the photos didn’t come out well… still testing the new camera I got for Christmas, courtesy of my lovely mom. Yippee!

As expected, the season was all eating, drinking & chatting with family to the point that I had to briskly walk a couple of nights to “walk away the pounds.” I'm not an exercise person but when it becomes necessary, I "hit the floor running."

I made a weird resolution: not to drink any soda (Fanta, Sprite, Coke, Pepsi, 7up, etc) during the Christmas & New Year Season at home or when it was offered at a gathering, party… wherever. I drunk juice, water and green tea instead of sodas. (Indeed, I'm drinking green tea as I type this post). It was pretty strange to my hosting friends & family that I wouldn’t take up the offer of Coke or Sprite, when I visited. It also meant that instead of me drinking all the sodas at home, -sheepish grin : -)- we have plenty of left overs and somehow, I've no desire to touch them. At least, not yet. I think, I may be getting cured of my coca cola addiction… or perhaps it’s the usual New Year resolution to save money with a no-coke agenda. Whatever… but I did it!

I was glad to attend 3 Nine lessons and Carols Night services within a week, in which I read a bible lesson in one of them. It was like God, dropped that opportunity on my lap at the last minute!

So… HAPPY NEW YEAR! Belated… needless to say… I wish you all my blog readers God’s very BEST and nothing less in 2012!

It’s a brand new day!
It's a brand new year!
New things are here!
Lady Akofa.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Happy New Year!

I have a feeling you are going to do well with not drink soda ... I now only drink it when I get Chinese food or pizza. That is the only time I feel that I have to drink soda.

Glad that the new year is starting out right for you! :)

ladyakofa said...

Hi Faith!

This is such an interesting coincidence: I'm eating Chinese food this very minute while I blog! :)

Thanks for your cheers... let's see how this month goes with the no-soda thing. I just might well extend it to the whole year!

Happy New Year!
Akofa.