Tuesday 2 December 2008

2nd Dec and 5 days to Go!

It's 2nd December and we have 5 days to go! Where did all the time go! I wish I knew.

It's beats my mind that I'm in the last month of 2008 and that within a twinkle of an eye, oh no, not Christmas, I've got my numbers right here. I mean in 5 days, Ghanaians will be going to the polls!!! I'm not jumping in front of my computer or screaming my head off but I'm excited nonetheless. :)

News of elections in Africa has been fraught with violence, fraud, dissensions and the like. Ghanaians want to be different and we are different. :) Ghanaians have been preaching peace, peace, peace all over the place. Yup, I was surprised to see lil' banners hanging on the boundary fence of my former elementary school yesterday with different messages about a free and fair election. I'm glad the teachers got the children to be part of the electoral process and the peace preaching even if they're not eligible to vote. I was so amused by the sight and thought to myself, "Right on! Preach the peace, kids." If adults don't know how to behave then maybe the kids will sit us down and teach the adults a lesson or two in this critical hour.

Now, I've found my missing voter ID card and I'm still wavering between two presidential candidates. Maybe it's a great opportunity for me to be led by the Spirit in this indecisiveness stance, I guess.

May Ghanaians keep her peace and live in security.
And may God be with Ghana!
Amen!

No comments: