Tuesday 9 December 2008

GREATER things He will do

We are still counting are votes, manually. :) We don't have the resources to vote electronically so we go by the good old-fashioned voting process in Ghana. And people love to stand round tables and count together with the electoral commission officers and polling agents. Interested in following the proceedings? Follow me here and there (I'm not vouching for the accuracy of news published on these sites).

While the country is patiently waiting for the official results (I told you Ghanaians are generally a peaceful people), I'm ruminating on a popular chorus sung in Christendom in the country. I'm a word person so I'm touched by lyrics more than beats. But I love the beats too! What African bred person doesn't love the beats?

Anyhoo, the popular chorus goes this way:

Great things He has done
GREATER things He will do
Unto the LORD be the Glory
Great things He has done

Unto the LORD be the Glory
Great things He has done
Unto the LORD be the Glory
Great things He has done

Composer: I don't know. It's unfortunate that original composer has fizzled out of the limelight while his/her song has become a popular hit. But God knows and bless this person's heart.

It's easy to miss the essence of the song when it's sung, played over and over again. Here is the catch and don't miss it:

The LORD has done great things in the past and He will do even GREATER things in the future.

And that's what I'm looking forward to in 2009.... GREATER things!

Ephesians 3: 20-21

God bless ya,
Lady Akofa.


No comments: