Wednesday 14 January 2009

Patriotism Paraphernalia

While I'm still in the patriotic mood let me just show you some paraphernalia. I'll get back to my bible reading challenge posts that I've been meaning to share.

An African-American colleague of my mom spent Christmas back at home and returned with this as one of her gifts to my mom.


While I'm not necessarily a fun of Obama, I stand in awe of him. I mean, he's the first African-American President of the US of A! But there are Obama funs in my house, just as we have different political affiliations within one house, with regards to Ghana politics.

I wouldn't eat the chocolate till I had taken a picture of it. See the coats of arms. I was sooo amused!



So it's not all about US of A. Below is a food flask made of Ghana colours. Too much light in the picture, but you get the drift, don't you?

I find it also amusing that Obama's campaign message was about 'change.' Atta Mills campaign message was also about 'change'. I guess Americans and Ghanaians are looking forward to something different and are tired of presidents who have served two terms. It's nice when a new president promises something new and different. I just wonder, are the citizens themselves willing to do the hard work it requires to change so that we eat of the fruit of better and greater things?


And oh, that's my Ghana scarf above.

God bless ya,
Akofa.

No comments: