Tuesday 31 January 2012

Christmas Hampers

20 years ago in Ghana, there wasn’t anything like “Christmas Hampers.” People would give notable gifts such as a live chicken, a goat, a cow (or parts of a cow), large quantities of meat or a bag of rice or sugar, Danish butter cookies, etc.

These days, the corporate world and individuals have become creative in the way Christmas gifts are packaged and given.


ENTER: Christmas Hampers.


The hampers are usually filled with assorted foods and drinks, sometimes a pen here, a towel, there. But… it’s not everybody who gets these hampers. If you have friends in influential places … say a CEO/ MD, a top government official you might find a clerk or a driver delivering a Christmas hamper to your office or to you at home. Or if you have a dollar account with a bank or some huge stipulated amount of money in your bank account you’re likely to receive this Christmas Hamper.

In recent years, I look forward to ‘receiving’ these hampers at Christmas. I say ‘receiving’ in quotes because it’s my parents who get these gifts but I am the chief consumer, haha! I’m not mad that the same bank ignores my teeny tiny Ghana cedis and doesn’t show me love at Christmas. Nope, I’ll get there soon!

In which she blog about Christmas hampers on 31st Jan… : - )

Blessings,
Lady Akofa.

2 comments:

Faith said...

it is like a Christmas basket! i love those ... always filled with the best stuff! :)

ladyakofa said...

Exactly, Faith!