Saturday 14 January 2012

“I can’t go on like this anymore!"

Promises to live by: “I can’t go on like this anymore! I’ve no strength left!”

Are there days in your life when it seems as if you have no strength to go on? Responsibilities overwhelms us, the state of important relationships are not as desired and we are unable to accomplish significant goals. These seasons come and go, but while we are in it, we wonder when it will be over.

I was fervently praying through some overwhelming responsibilities and expressed similar words, a few days ago. The Holy Spirit dropped 3 bible verses into my heart. These are verses I’ve memorized in the past. The Spirit inspired remembrance was like the resurrection of the verses… seemingly dead words coming back to life to me.

So I write these mostly for as reminder and in part, share with you. If you find yourself in a similar state now or sometime in the future, this could be starting point for prayer and assurance. God promises to give you strength and it shall be said of the situation, “… and it came to pass.”

“Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous fall.”
Psalm 55:22; NIV

“The Son the is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things (including me!) by His powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.”
Hebrew 1:3; NIV

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”
Philippians 4:13; NIV


*All emphasis are definitely mine.

Without a doubt, there are more Bible verses that apply to overwhelming situations, but these are what God reminded me of at that time.

God’s sure word is this: He will sustaaaiiin you!
Lady Akofa.

No comments: