Monday 3 November 2008

Ghana Elections 2008

I have visited a few blogs mostly by Christians over the past several months especially as the US elections draws closer and I see a sad trend. Most won’t comment on politics but because of such and such they are saying a word or two. I find it sad because every country is run on the wheels of politics. If Christians choose not to get involved in the systems and processes that affect the way our own country is run thus our future then guess what kinds of values and principles will be chief in decision making processes?


Ghanaians go to the polls next month, Sunday 7th December to be exact. At this point I can tell you that after the IEA presidential debate last Wednesday, I’m torn between two candidates. That’s good to some extent ‘cos I initially I was a die-hard voter for a particular political party. Although the four aspirants invited to the debate have held government positions over the years, except one who is a medical practitioner, it was interesting to hear what they had to say. I wasn’t too impressed with the debate itself, I thought it could have been a bit livelier. But it was enough to get me to reconsider my previous die-hard stance. And I’m still thinking. : )


I know Ghanaians are quite religious and the vast majority are Sunday church goers. This is plea from my heart to all you lovely Ghanaians who call yourselves Christians: don’t go and spend all the time in church praying and forget to vote. : ) God knows our hearts and hears our prayers, plus He knows what He has planned for Ghana.


For more online news on the elections go to Ghana Elections 2008.


Meanwhile, people of US of A, all the Best in your elections tomorrow.


God

Has

A

Nation

Ahead!


Shalom,

Lady Akofa.

No comments: